Lexus is the luxury division of Toyota and launched with the Lexus LS in 1989. But it all started in 1983 when Toyota’s chairman issued a challenge to the company to design the best car in the world. The project was called the F1 and involved a lot of research, including renting a house in Laguna Beach, CA. During there stay in Laguna Beach, researchers were studying the lifestyle of affluent Americans. A decision was made that a new brand must be created to support the newly designed luxury sedan, and Lexus was born. It’s no wonder why Lexus is the most popular car brand in Orange County, CA, The brand was created to satisfy the consumers of that particular market. However, today, Lexus is on the of the top 10 global car manufacturers.
Popular Lexus Vehicles
Even though Lexus was designed to be a luxury sedan, the highest selling Lexus vehicles in America are SUVs. According to GoodcarBadcar.net, the highest selling Lexus vehicles for 2017 were:
- Lexus RX – the Lexus RX sold 108,307 units in 2017. It is also the most popular car purchased and leased in Southern California. The RX is a beautiful mid-size luxury crossover SUV with appeal across the board.
- Lexus NX – the Lexus NX is a compact-size luxury crossover SUV that sold 59,341 units in 2017. Again, another Lexus SUV outselling their sedan models.
- Lexus GX – the Lexus GX is a mid-size luxury SUV that sold 27,190 units in 2017. It is a much larger luxury SUV and more pricey than the previous two models.
- Lexus IS – our first sedan on the list, yet a still a “compact executive car.” The Lexus IS sold 26,482 units in 2012
- Lexus ES – finally, a true sedan on the list. The Lexus ES sold 24,452 units in 2017. This model resembles the Toyota Camry and is Lexus’ entry luxury vehicle
The Lexus LS which is the first model that Lexus made only sold 4,094 models. They are still outstanding vehicles packed with power, luxury, and technology. However, they are pricey. Lexus has come a long way since 1989, and we are glad Toyota made the decision to start such an amazing car brand.
Lexus Car Repair
Understanding the beginnings of Lexus and where it stands today, helps with understanding how their cars work. At Alpharetta Motor Sports, we have been servicing Lexus and other brands for over 35 years. We are proud of the excellence of our work and have the customer reviews to prove it. All of our service mechanics are ASE certified and have the best tools to inspect, diagnose, and any issue you may be having with your Lexus vehicle. We take our Lexus car repair seriously and want to be your trusted Lexus car repair in Alpharetta. Schedule your appointment and give us a visit.